Cutting edge corporate event marketing firm is seeking an Event Manager in the Silicon Valley – Bay Area to join our team! This individual will organize and oversee the execution of corporate events that will make a memorable impact to their target audiences. Position offered is as a 1099 Independent Contractor.
From concept to finale, our Event Manager will ensure events are successful, cost-effective and innovative. We only seek enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the requisite organizational skills required to leave nothing to chance regarding events.
Before you scroll down to the positions responsibilities and requirements, please review these simple questions to see if you have the potential to be a good fit.
- Are you overly detail oriented; can you deliver a functional event run of show down to the minute?
- Can you thrive and preserver through the chaos and stress that goes hand in hand with event planning?
- When plan A and B don’t go as planned, are you capable of adjusting on the fly and pull plan C from your pocket?
- Are you comfortable receiving calls at after hours to answer event related questions or manage and event related issue?
- Are you capable of learning, being flexible and innovative to manage and execute a wide variety of event related tasks?
- Are you comfortable working with various levels of vendors?
If you said yes to the above, we may be the perfect team for you to join! Tell us about you and what else you bring to the table.
- Plan corporate events from start to finish according to client requirements while integrating industry best practices and creative solutions;
- Contribute fresh ideas to enhance event success;
- Prepare and manage strict budgets and ensure adherence to client financial requirements;
- Negotiate with and work along event related vendors and suppliers;
- Coordinate event operations (registration sites, mobile applications, vendors, client management, etc.) ;
- Lead promotional and create event calendars for numerous events;
- Supervise and manage staff as needed (event coordinators, caterers, audio visual producers, etc.);
- Provide professional on-site management while showing poise and composure during the most stressful of situations;
- Ensure our clients’ event experience runs smoothly while stepping up to resolve any issues which may occur; and
- Prepare event analysis, recap and return on investment reports to demonstrate the success of an event to our clients.
- Proven experience as event manager (3-5 years corporate event planning experience);
- Skilled in project management best practices;
- Computer savvy; Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Google Drive;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with professional negotiation experience;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Customer-service orientation;
- Team player with an ability to demonstrate leadership skills;
- BA/BS from an American accredited university in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field; and
- Flexible with ability to work across different time zones.